The Coronavirus has impacted all of our lives. Governors across the country are asking their citizens to practice social distancing and to wear masks when visiting attractions, bed and breakfasts, restaurants, etc.
Governor Wolf issued a press release on 11/17/20 announcing a new traveler testing order and strengthening the mask order. Given the significantly higher daily case counts this past two weeks, the Administration has identified new mitigation efforts. The administration will continue to monitor the risks posed by COVID-19 across the commonwealth and will reinstate or institute new targeted mitigation tactics as necessary.
- Anyone who visits from another state is to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to entering the commonwealth.
- If someone cannot get a test or chooses not to, they must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvanians visiting other states are required to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to their return to the commonwealth or to quarantine for 14 days upon return to PA.
- The order does not apply to people who commute to and from another state for work or medical treatment.
- Innkeepers are not required to ask guests for documentation of a negative COVID-19 test or enforce the 14 day quarantine.
- Read the Press Release, Travel Order, and Travel FAQs.
- Masks must be worn indoors and outdoors when away from your home. Outdoor masking is required if you cannot maintain at least 6 feet distance between someone not from your household. Indoor masking is required at all facilities.
- For dining establishments, once guests are seated they must continue to wear their masks until food or beverage is served.
- Read the Mask Order FAQs.
Please call ahead to ensure that the B&B/Inn is open for business. Some of our innkeepers have closed temporarily to protect themselves, their staff and guests, while others are accepting guests. Find a B&B/Inn that is near your travel route and destination.
Members of the PA Association of Bed & Breakfast Inns are licensed, inspected and insured and comply with PABBI’s Code of Hospitality Standards & Ethics. Our professional innkeepers exhibit a high degree of cleanliness for guests and are taking additional precautions to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 pathogens.
PABBI has asked our Pennsylvania Innkeeper's to adopt the Bed & Breakfast Inns Promise. You can learn more about the Promise at www.painns.com/promise. Please have a mask with you as you travel in PA.
The small size of our B&Bs/Inns help to limit the risk of exposure since there are no crowds. Many are taking extra precautions to ensure social distancing among guests - such as serving breakfast in your room.
Booking directly with our B&Bs/Inns is your best option for you to ask what safety measures they have implemented to keep you and your family safe. In the event that you have to reschedule or cancel your reservation, you’ll find innkeepers more willing to work with you to avoid penalties and cancellation fees.
"Waking up in a Better State" never meant as much as it does now. If you are planning to travel in the coming months, please consider purchasing a PABBI Gift Certificate (no expiration date) that is valid at any of our member properties. A PABBI Gift Certificate makes a great wedding, anniversary or birthday present.