You are here
Endless Fun at a PA County Fair
If you didn’t know, Harrisburg’s Farm Show is the largest indoor agricultural fair in the United States. It may be the largest, but it’s not the only one; Pennsylvania has more than 100 agricultural county fairs that celebrate our heritage as farmers. The fairs are a place for our state’s farmers to start a conversation, learn from each other, and keep up to date on the latest technology and farming strategies as well one of the most fun times of the year for the whole family.
Some of our biggest celebrations include the Bedford County Fair and the Bloomsburg Fair which has only missed one year in its impressive 162-year history. Find antique farming equipment, great food, and friendly competition among neighbors for best vegetable, county fair queen, and highest hay quality. It’s all how our state attracts over 5 million visitors to our county fairs every summer.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of just a few of them and their dates this year. Find your favorite or the one closest to home; more information can be found at www.pafairs.org.
• Butler Fair, June 30-July 8
• Washington County Fair, August 12-19
• Crawford County Fair, August 19-21
• Tioga County Fair, August 7-12
• Centre County Grange Encampment & Fair, August 18-26
• Bloomsburg Fair, Sept 23-30
• Bedford Fair, July 23-29
• Shippensburg Community Fair, July 24-29
• Huntingdon County Fair, August 6-12
• York Fair, Sept 8-17
• Lebanon Fair, July 22-29
• Elizabethtown Fair, August 21-26
• Reading Fair, Aug 6-12
• Allentown Fair, Aug 29-Sept 4
• Wayne County Fair, August 4-12
• Kutztown Fair, August 14-19